Management and staff at The Links Shell Cove and Links Hotel are proud to be associated with the Southern Councils' Group Business Treading Lightly (BTL) program. This program was devised to assist local businesses in operating in a more environmentally sustainable manner.
Since joining the program, we have made several changes at the Links Shell Cove to ensure that we operate as an environmentally sustainable and efficient local business. Such changes include:
- introduction of recycling facilities within the hotel and restaurant
- introduction of recycling bins on the golf course for use of patrons
- replacement of inefficient lighting with energy efficient light fixtures
- changes in the bathrooms including introduction of mechanised hand towel and soap dispensers, and larger toilet roll dispensers
- installation of a 110,000 litre rainwater tank.
Click here to see the video about our environmental initiatives.